If you think it’s time to replace the gutters on your Minnesota home, you have a lot of options. You can choose gutters in a variety of different styles and materials depending on your needs. Minnesota Leafless Gutters offers all types of gutter installation services and would be happy to come out to your home to help determine the best type of gutter for your unique situation. In this blog we’ll explain some of the benefits and drawbacks of choosing Aluminum gutters for your St. Paul, MN home.
Benefits of Aluminum Gutters
- Low Cost
- Available in a variety of colors and finishes
- Often can last 15 years or longer
- Resist corrosion
Drawbacks of Aluminum Gutters
- Aluminum can expand two times as much as steel and 50% more than copper.
- Aluminum is not as strong as steel or copper at equal gauge thicknesses.
- Aluminum gutters can be dented more easily than steel or copper.
- Aluminum doesn’t hold up to storm damage that can be quite common in Minnesota.
When Are Aluminum Gutters the Right Choice?
If you’re looking for a new set of gutters, but have a limited budget, Minnesota gutter installation experts will tell you that aluminum gutters may be the perfect option for you. It’s important to keep in mind the fact that aluminum may not stand up over time like steel or copper, so you’ll likely need to perform some maintenance on your gutters every so often to ensure they’re working properly.
Other Types of MN Seamless Gutters
While we sell a lot of aluminum gutters and downspouts each and every year, we do offer other options for customers looking for a more rugged gutter.
- Copper Gutters – We offer seamless copper gutters that do not rust or corrode and eliminate the need to re-solder joints and transitions that are leaking. Properly maintained copper gutters can last more than 50 years. Copper also doesn’t need to be painted and gives your home a timeless look that can’t be matched with other gutter materials.
- Steel Gutters – Seamless steel gutters are available in both galvanized and steel finishes along with a variety of colors. Steel gutters can rust so it’s important to keep them painted at all times. Steel is stronger than aluminum, so many Minnesota homeowners choose this type of gutter. While these gutters are stronger than aluminum you’ll pay a premium for the added strength.
Contact Minnesota Leafless Gutters for All Your Gutter and Downspout Needs
Whatever type of gutter system you decide to purchase, Minnesota Leafless Gutters can help. To setup a free estimate, give us a call today at 612-221-0362.