Fridley MN Seamless Gutters and Gutter Guards
Here in Minnesota, every autumn, right on time, leaves, twigs, and other debris fall and can fill up your gutters and make a mess. So, now is a great time to show the exterior of your home some love… like installing seamless gutters with gutter guards that can be installed onto your existing gutters, in most cases. It is one of the easiest and inexpensive things you can do to protect the integrity of your house and all the “stuff” in it! (Plus, the orange, yellow, and brown colors of the autumn leaves look much better on the trees than they do in your gutters).
If installed properly, your home or building will look great and protect your home in many ways. Plus, they will reduce the likelihood of future repairs down the road.
* Foundation problems – Problem gutters can dump gallons of water directly onto the ground next to the foundation of a house. This water can cause or complicate existing foundation settlement problems.
* Landscape washout – Few things are more frustrating than watching the beautiful landscaping that you spent hundreds or thousands of dollars installing, get washed away because of poor rain drainage.
* Undermined driveways, patios, and walkways – Excess water draining or accumulating near the house can erode the soil underneath driveways, patios, and walkways. As this underlying soil is washed away, so is the support provided for the driveway, patio, or walkway. The end result can range anywhere from settling or cracking to a complete collapse.
* Damaged fascia, soffit, or outside wall – Non-existent, leaky, or poorly installed gutters can damage a house’s structural integrity by allowing water to penetrate and damage the fascia, soffit, or the actual framing of the house – causing thousands of dollars in damage. Yikes!
* Insects, bugs, and other beady eyed critters. Because they need water to reproduce and thrive, gutters that dump excess water near the house encourage insect and mosquito infestations.
* Those other beady eyed critters we mentioned… well damaged sagging, or cracked gutters can provide squirrels, raccoons, and other critters with the perfect entrance into your home. Once inside, they can chew wires and anything else they want for that matter… creating a potential for fire hazard.
DIY vs DIFM
If DIY isn’t your thing, don’t worry… you’re not alone. More homeowners than ever are choosing to hire a contractor for their maintenance and home improvement projects. The folks over at Redbeacon spent a lot of time looking into the reasons why. It’s called DIFM: do it for me.
In a survey conducted with the help of Kelton Research, they found out some very interesting information about what people will do (and what they’d give up) to have a pro at their beck and call. Some of which may surprise you.
Nearly 25% of homeowners wished they’d hired a professional while they were attempting their DIY project. (Twelve percent of these reluctant DIYers also vowed to never DIY again!)
Of the homeowners surveyed, almost 40% said they spent more time than they’d originally budgeted for the project they tried to DIY. And on the unfortunate side, 23% of respondents admit to fighting with their spouses during the course of the project.
And what would the average American homeowner give up to have a home-service pro at their beck and call?
- 56% would stay off social media for a full year
- 36% would give up watching their favorite sports team
- 35% would stop dining out
- 23% would hand over their yearly vacation days
And the real surprise? Twenty percent would give up hanky panky for a year in order to have on-call help from a home-service pro.
Shocking? Maybe not. Employed Americans are increasingly at a time crunch — 27% of respondents say they hired out because they simply did not have the free time to put toward their home projects.
Some people have a knack for tackling home improvements around the house, but many others… not so much! So if your desire to be handy in your home is matched only by your clumsiness, a Fridley MN Gutter Installation Contractor will be happy to answer any questions you may have about installing a new Seamless Gutter System on your home.