Mendota Heights MN Seamless Rain Gutters
Most often the only time your thinking about gutters is when its raining outside, or when they become clogged with leaves and pine needles. For most homeowners it’s usually a case of out of sight, out of mind. If your gutters are clogged, managing millions of gallons of water can be difficult and can do serious damage to your home.
Eventually problems will show up as expensive soffit damage, fascia damage or interior damages that can destroy ceilings, walls, floors, cause mold, and even cause concrete foundation cracks to appear.
Clogged and saturated gutters can also threaten your landscaping. Rain has nowhere to flow except off of the roof and onto plant life below. An uncontrolled flow of water will drown plants, erode soil, and create more hassles for you.
Inevitably gutter problems of all types result in water accumulating where it shouldn’t, like on porch steps and walkways or inside your house, usually at the lowest level. Basements can easily be flooded. That’s when real trouble starts.
If your rain gutters and downspouts are working properly they will prevent roof and fascia board damage as well as prevent basement flooding by re-routing water a safe distance away from your foundation.
Gutters Protect Your Home
* Water damage to basements estimated over $47,000 per incident.
* Termite damage to US Homes estimated over $2 Billion annually.
* Mold damage on average $35,000 per incident
* Foundation repair estimated at a minimum of $10,000 per incident
* Landscape washouts up to $1,500 per incident
Food for thought…
* Over 43,000,000 cubic inches of rain flows off of the average 30-square roof each year. That’s over 120,000 gallons. That’s more than enough water to fill 16 Olympic size swimming pools.
* 1 Cubic Foot Of Water Weighs 62.4 lbs so…about every 4-5 Feet of Full Gutter Weighs About 60 lbs . Nearly all gutter installations eventually fail simply due to weight of water, which, in turn, causes the gutters to pull away from your home’s structure. This causes water to get into the wood and damage it or even cause an infestation of mold. The weight of rainwater standing on a roof has even caused roofs to collapse.
* Cleaning your gutters is a never ending cycle.
* Accidental falls are the leading cause of nonfatal injuries in the home – over 1/3 occur to adults 45 and older. Source – Injury Facts 2003 Edition, National Safety Council
* Cleaning gutters twice a year is expensive. Gutter cleaning services can be unreliable and put you at risk for injury lawsuits.
The Solution to Clogged Gutters
Those are an awful lot of compelling reasons to install seamless gutters.
Seamless gutters are custom made to the dimensions of your home, and they have no seams on the straight edges. A professional Mendota Heights MN gutter installer will make your seamless gutters on site, using an advanced seamless gutter machine.
The installer brings the machine to your property, rolls the metal through the machine, and—voila!—out the other end comes a fully formed gutter in the desired length. No seams! Because there are no seams, there are less potential leak points.
Plus, with seamless gutters you can actually sit back and enjoy a rain storm!